The year is coming to a close, so now is the time to ensure you’re getting the most out of your yearly vision benefits before they expire. If you aren’t sure how to use your benefits, continue reading to discover 4 ways to maximize them.
For more information on vision benefits and to schedule an appointment, contact Family Vision Center in Rockledge for all of your eye care concerns.
1. Schedule Your Yearly Eye Exam
No matter your age, gender, lifestyle or medical conditions — if you have eyes, you need a yearly comprehensive eye exam. Many eye conditions and diseases start off silently, without any warning signs or symptoms, and are only detectable by your eye doctor during an eye exam. That’s why yearly check ups are recommended for maintaining optimal eye health.
If you wear glasses or contact lenses,having your eyes examined by an optometrist is also a great way to make sure that your lens prescription is up-to-date.
Eye exams are the most crucial part of caring for your precious gift of sight, so if you haven’t had a recent eye exam, let this be your reminder to schedule one today.
2. Treat Yourself to New Specs or Contact Lenses
If you’ve been wanting to change up your look with a new stylish pair of glasses, now’s your chance! Use your vision benefits to purchase the perfect pair of glasses that complement your personal style while providing you with clear and comfortable vision.
If you already have a pair of glasses you love, why not get a backup pair? Having a second pair of glasses is a wise idea for those unexpected moments when the first pair gets misplaced or damaged. Having a second pair is also a great way to switch up your look to match your outfit.
Do you prefer contact lenses or you’ve been wanting to test them out? Great news - your vision benefits apply to contact lens purchases as well.
At Family Vision Center, we can help guide you to the best contact lenses and eyewear that suit your vision goals and lifestyle.
3. Consider Specialty Eyewear
Some vision plans include specialty eyewear like sports glasses or additional coatings for your lenses. If you could use a pair of protective eyewear, computer glasses, reading glasses or prescription sunglasses, ask your insurance provider if these items are either partially or fully covered by your plan.
4. Know What’s Included in Your Plan
If you aren’t sure what’s covered, give us a call or contact your provider directly to discover what you’re entitled to. Make sure to review details with them such as co-pays and the different lens options that are covered. And feel free to inquire whether the plan covers eye care for your family.
Quality Eye Care in Rockledge
At Family Vision Center, we offer a wide range of optical products and services for every member of your family. You’ll be sure to find your perfect pair in our wide selection of high-end frames and sunglasses.
Don’t wait until your vision benefits expire! To schedule an appointment or learn more about your vision benefits, call Family Vision Center in Rockledge today.
Q: What conditions can be detected during an eye exam?
- A: The main conditions that are checked for during an eye exam include cataracts, glaucoma, retinal disease and refractive errors like nearsightedness and astigmatism. Other health conditions that can often be detected during a comprehensive eye exam conducted by your optometrist include heart disease, high cholesterol, stroke, diabetes, certain cancers, rheumatoid arthritis, thyroid disease and brain [tumors], among others.
Q: Do you need to wear sunglasses in the winter?
- A: Absolutely. The sun’s harmful UV light penetrates through clouds, even on the most overcast days. UV light exposure contributes to several eye conditions and diseases, including cataracts, photokeratitis and eye growths. Sunglasses are an essential part of preventive eye care all year round, so if you don’t already have a protective, high quality pair of 100% UV-blocking sunnies, stop by Family Vision Center and use your vision benefits to purchase a pair today!
Quality Frames For Prescription Eyeglasses & Computer Glasses. Visit Family Vision Center for an eye exam and eyeglasses that match your style.